Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thankful


I am feeling so very thankful today. I don't know why, I just had one of those moments today. A moment where I felt like I was out of my body looking down at my family and I. We weren't doing anything that we normally wouldn't. We were having our coffee (the twinks their juice) out on the back deck, Twink A snuggled up with DH and Twink B snuggled up with me, discussing what our plans were for the day. My eyes filled up with tears when I thought about how lucky we are. It was the kind of moment where I just wanted the world to stop and to live in that moment forever.

Everyone in our family is healthy, relatively happy and we are together. So many families can't say that and it breaks my heart. Often times life gets in the way of me realizing how fortunate I am. When meetings with the teacher (which went well by the way lol), work, housework and other "stuff" become somewhat overwhelming I often forget that I should thank God for having the family that I do.

Okay, I will stop gushing now. I just felt today that I have been worrying over things that really don't matter. Work (other than the paycheque attached to it lol) doesn't matter. Having a "marthastewartsupercleanyoucaneatoffanysurface" house doesn't matter. What matters most was sitting around me this morning while I was enjoying my hot cup of coffee. That is what counts.

3 Comments:

At September 14, 2008 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

If this is what you feel when you PMS, I wish I had that kind of problem. When I PMS, I usually look at my family and try to determine why it is they are trying to ruin me. Yes, i realize this is irrational, but that is what happens to me.

KEEP BELIEVING

 
At September 15, 2008 at 5:04 AM , Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

It sounds like a really beautiful moment...I love those times when the world seems perfect, even if only for a fleeting second.

 
At September 15, 2008 at 6:52 AM , Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Ohhhh.... I am so happy for you. Moments that make you step back and be thankful are the best. They help carry us through the bad times.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home