Sunday, September 7, 2008

Juggling

I never really thought of myself as a circus performer until the last week. The kids are in school full time (still can't get my head wrapped around that one) and I have started working full time hours (albeit from home but still around 40 hours a week).

I never realized how incredibly hard this would be. Trying to do everything that the kids need, everything that DH needs, keeping up with the housework and gasp...work too! I have been getting up at 5:30am and not getting to sleep until 11:00pm and not stopping in between.

DH and I had a talk last night and discussed the need for more help for me. He needs to step up and help me out more. The kids need to step up and help me more. I need to ask for help more. I have come to realize that asking for help doesn't make me weak.

The stepford wife is definately an illusion, I always strived to be somewhat stepfordy (yes I just created a word....sue me) I wanted to be a little bit of Martha Stewart (home baking and gardening included) a little bit Lisa Love (for you Hills fans you know who I am talking about) and a little bit Angelina Jolie.

I am none of these. I am juggling all these new responsibilities with the old ones and I am worried about how long I can do that. When are things going to come crashing down?

7 Comments:

At September 7, 2008 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

It can be SO HARD to ask for help, but when you do, you'll be glad you did! xo

 
At September 7, 2008 at 3:27 PM , Blogger Beth Cotell said...

I have a hard time asking for help too!

I bet once your husband steps up to help out, it will all seem much easier. And if your husband is anything like mine...you will have to be very precise when you tell him what you need!

Good luck keeping all those balls in the air!

 
At September 7, 2008 at 5:01 PM , Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Just try to be YOU. Not the perception you have of those other people. Because those other people? Are not YOU.

Hope things smooth out soon!

 
At September 8, 2008 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Janet said...

I feel VERY fortunate that the Mountain Man is so helpful. He does most of the cooking, which is the one chore I hate above all, so I don't mind doing everything else. Of course, I do NOT have a paying job, so it's a bit easier. However, I would LIKE a work-at-home paying job. Wouldn't everyone. Apparently editing isn't something people want done by email.

You asked about moonflowers on my blog - as far as I know they only come in white, but I bought a seedpacket at Lowe's. If you went to a specialty nursery they might have other varieties. I also have morning glories in various colors, so I get flowers all day and all night!

 
At September 8, 2008 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

I use to have a hard time asking for help until i got pregnant. My husband would get so mad at me for not asking for more help... it really broke me of it. It has definently made my life easier. But still, it is hard to do everything, it is hard to ask for help, and it is hard to realize that sometimes I just can't do everything.

 
At September 8, 2008 at 1:12 PM , Blogger the dragonfly said...

I agree with Tracey...just be YOU!

And, like pretty much everyone said, it's okay to ask for help. And make sure you take time to breathe!!! :)

 
At September 14, 2008 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Agreed. I have the hardest time trying to figure out where to have my KIDS step up. We are gradually adding more responsibility to them, but I know I was going a lot more at age 7.

KEEP BELIEVING

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home