Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lacrosse Warrior

Yes. Me. Well, not really.

My sister talked me into joining her lacrosse team this year. It seemed like a GREAT idea a couple of months ago when I registered. Right now, it doesn't seem like such a great idea. Our first game is tonight. I have NEVER played lacrosse. I just got my lacrosse stick last night and tried catching the ball etc. It is not going to be pretty.

I feel like a kid again. Not in a good way. In the way where I was shy and unsure about joining the kids I didn't know in a game I knew I wouldn't be great at. I hope they don't laugh at me, I hope they like me, I hope I don't get killed by the hard (did I mention it is a REALLY hard ball?) ball that will be whipped at me at very fast speeds to which I am supposed to catch it in this really small basket attached to the end of a stick that offers me very little protection.

I am afraid, I don't feel like a lacrosse warrior, I feel like a lacrosse wimp. Stay tuned tomorrow to see how it turned out. If I don't post you will know I have been attacked and am injured from one of those lacrosse warrior princesses. Eeeek!

4 Comments:

At April 23, 2008 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

Oh my god you are really brave! Where are you playing?

 
At April 24, 2008 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Wow. What an adventure.

KEEP BELiEVING

 
At April 24, 2008 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

I have never even heard of lacrosse until I moved down to the states. People just don't play it up here

 
At April 24, 2008 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Family Adventure said...

Oh no, it's Thursday and no update! Do tell, are you OK? Did you live to tell the story??

Heidi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home