Sunday, January 25, 2009

Celiac

I have been really sick for the last few months, vomiting, diahrea (tmi?) and feeling just generally shitty. After countless trips to the hospital, doctor and anyone else who will listen nobody seemed to be able to tell me what the problem was. I finally went for my last test right before Xmas and got the results on Friday. I am celiac. This sucks.

I must be gluten-free for the rest of my days. Me...the woman who loves crusty italian bread almost as much as she loves her family. No more sourdough bread at the Keg. No more plate of pasta with butter and parmesan. I now have to read every lable of everything that goes into my mouth (hold your comments) well, almost anything that goes into my mouth. I am not looking forward to this journey.

On the bright side, I will probably start feeling alot better, and I am also on some vitamin supplements to get my iron and B12 back up to where it should be. If anyone out there has any advice, or great recipe sites, please give me a hollar and let me know. I am already craving cookies or brownies or something equally yummy!

2 Comments:

At January 26, 2009 at 5:42 AM , Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

Check the Bulk Barn...I'm pretty sure they sell gluten-free pasta and flour so you can still make cookies and brownies and eat your spaghetti! I had celiac when I was a little kid and my mom could find gluten-free stuff back then, and I know I've seen it around lately, too. I'm sorry about this rotten transition but I'm glad you're feeling better!

 
At January 29, 2009 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

My MIL has been celiac formany years and it does suck but there are so many good products out there now.

I have a lot of gluten-free recipes on my recipes and reviews blog

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home