Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Full Night Sleep


It is funny, when the twinks were babies I had no problem getting up every two hours to feed them. I loved that time with them, it was quiet, one on one time. Then when they hit three months they started sleeping through the night. EVEN BETTER. I was getting full nights sleeps again and really feeling great during the days. Then they hit four years old and decided to regress. For the last year they have been up on average 2 to 4 times a night. It sucks. They are up for various reasons


They are thirsty

They are hungry

They had a bad dream

They aren't tired (yeah right)

Their blankets aren't on the bed right


The list goes on. Two nights ago it was even worse they were up it seemed to me all night long and then yesterday they were crabby bears and so was I. So last night I thought I would try something new. Something that worked when they were learning to toilet train. I offered them money.


They are getting better at negotiating I will admit. I offered whomever stayed in his own bed last night a shiney quarter. They countered with a twoonie. We agreed on a loonie.


The little buggers slept all night long last night for the first time in two bloody years. EXTORTIONISTS!

1 Comments:

At January 16, 2008 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

hahahah

Whatever works for you!

Assertagirl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home