Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Whole Night To Myself.


Last night my DH took my boys to a motorcross event of some kind. They invited me, but I politely declined. As cute as the boys are when they are excited about mountain biking/dirt biking/bmx biking, I had a much grander idea for my evening...an evening alone. LOL


I made them an early dinner, packed their backpacks, gave them a kiss goodbye and then closed and locked the door.


I had an evening of being completely and utterly alone. I had a bubble bath, lit candles and had a robust glass of red wine. It is amazing how relaxed I felt, I felt like I was floating on a cloud. I put on my cozy jammies and came downstairs. I made myself a chicken sandwich and read a book.

I was lazy. I did nothing. I had a mental health evening. I watched The Notebook and cried like a baby.


When they returned at 10:30pm, I tucked my little babies into bed and gave my husband a big kiss. I needed that evening. I feel refreshed. I feel ready to do battle again.


Once you become a mother, I think it should be mandatory that once every couple of weeks, you get a night of complete and utter relaxation. I think it would make for much happier mommies.

1 Comments:

At November 11, 2007 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

That sounds great! The Notebook is evil. It was made just to make women cry. Sometimes if just feels good, though, doesn't it?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home