Friday, November 2, 2007

Feeling Selfish

Every once in a while, I get jealous of some of my friends that don't have kids. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my twinks. More than I ever thought would be possible. I love them more than anything in the world, but sometimes I just wish I could have a time out. An extended time out.

I have a cold and am feeling crappy and I wish that I could curl up on my couch, turn the fireplace on and read a book or watch a movie. An adult book or movie. I wish I could have a nap and not worry about being responsible for anyone but me. I wish I didn't have to get up and get them juice/snacks/breakup arguments/etc. I am feeling totally selfish. I am being very snappy with the boys today, something I try very hard not to do.

When my DH is sick he doesn't have to worry about any of those things. I don't think it would even occur to him to think about them. He just goes to bed, takes enough cold medicine to knock him out and he sleeps it away. He is a wonderful father, but ultimately the responsibility of the children seems to naturally fall on my shoulders. Gee. Now I not only sound selfish, I also sound resentful with a dash of bitchiness added in.

I am very grateful that I am able to be a SAHM but sometimes I wish I could just freeze everything around me and just have ME time. Maybe I will rifle through the kids Halloween treats and try and find a KitKat...that promises a break right?

2 Comments:

At November 2, 2007 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Blessings from above said...

:) Let me know if all it takes is a KitKat and we will buy up stock. I know what it is like to want time to yourself. Especially SAHM we seem to be prisoned with the normal routine. I try not to complain becasue I love my kids. I know there are parents out there that crave just to be with the child they have lost. So I try to live life to the fullest. But trust me I wait till 5 every day for my break when daddy comes home! :) Hope you to a speedy recovery!
lilraskels.blogspot.com

 
At November 7, 2007 at 4:28 PM , Blogger BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Sometimes moms need someone to take care of them!

I just went on a little two night getaway with my childhood best friend. We only went to another town about 3 hours away but it was HEAVENLY! I had never done anything like (neither had she) and we're both 38!!

Any way, I work (although I get to work half my week from home which I love) and I feel like you do, too. I think it is a universal mom thing!

Hope you are feeling better now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home