Saturday, October 13, 2007

How I came to Drive a Mini Van

Once upon a time, I had a cute little figure, drove a cute little car and partied until dawn. Then I got married. And six days later found out I was pregnant. And six days after that found out I was having twins. Yes, you read that right, twins.

Quicker than I anticipated, I lost that cute little figure. Then I had to lose that cute little car...and trade it in for the dreaded, uncool - MINIVAN. Gasp! I was too young to drive a minivan. I was too cute for a minivan. I HATED the MINIVAN. Then my babies arrived and I traded partying til dawn, for breastfeeding til dawn, and all day and all night.

The first few months of my boys lives, I must admit are a bit of a blur, not the acid flashback kind, just a weird, fuzzy, blur. Soon, I recovered and got in the swing of things and made a discovery. The dreaded Minivan was actually pretty useful. It fit the two baby carseats in pretty easily, I could put the 500lb double stroller in the back fairly easily and I could speed (of course never with my precious bundles of joy in it with me) and the cops wouldn't even blink...for I must be a responsible mother...who else would drive a minivan?

I also decided I didn't have to be the typical "minivan mom", I might drive a minivan, but deep down, under the layers of baby fat (shut up, just because they are 5 years old now, I can still call it baby fat!), I still think of myself as that cute chick, who drives a cute car.

2 Comments:

At October 14, 2007 at 6:27 AM , Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

Yay! You have a blog! Let me know if you need any help with it. For free. ha

 
At October 19, 2007 at 6:45 AM , Blogger PT-LawMom said...

Holy crap! As for the layers, I say blame it on the twins. Can't you get away with it twice as long for multiples? ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home