Friday, October 19, 2007

Boys Toys Suck


So yesterday my DH was off work and we decided to do some fun stuff with the boys. We went to the skateboarding park with them and they had a blast. They think they are all that and a bag of chips when they do a trick on their boards.


I am officially the AV girl. DH brings his skateboard and his BMX and the boys do the same. I DO NOT. I have a real dislike for pain and blood.I choose to shoot photos instead.




After that we took them to Mcdonalds. The one with the play land. The twinks finished their lunches in record time and took off to play, while DH and I enjoyed (okay, not really enjoyed the greasy food) the rest of our lunch.


After that, we went to Toys R Us, so I could get a good idea of what they would like for Xmas. I hate shopping for boy toys. It sucks. Their toys are so boring. I looked longingly at the isles of Barbies and baby dolls and all and everything that was pink. Then grudgingly made my way down the isles of cars, trucks, army men, action heroes. BORING. They however found lots that they loved and are going to write on their wish lists.


I snuck away when all three of them were immersed in trying some videogame demo, and made my way to the world of pink that is the Girls' isle. I might have actually bought a Holiday Barbie. I mean I am sure I can donate it to the Fire Department at Xmas time. I HAD to have her. She is beautiful.


Boys toys suck:(


1 Comments:

At October 19, 2007 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

This brings me back to being a kid and going to Toys R Us with my brother (and mom). We'd each get to pick something, and I'd make my choice quickly and it would take Matt an HOUR to pick one friggin' G.I. Joe. He'd have to look really closely at each one, weigh up their options, their weapons, which guy looked coolest and Mom and I would sit there near the bikes, watching and waiting and being BORED.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home