Sunday, November 18, 2007

Stressful Day


Today was a very stressful day for me. I get really bitchy when I am stressed. I try to visualize a calm, beautiful day when I get stressed...something like the picture to my left (just a beautiful view from our cottage).


My sister is 8 weeks pregnant and last night she called me and told me that she thought she was losing the baby. My heart dropped for her. I went and picked up my nephew (who is 18 months old) and brought him to my house for the night while her husband took her to the hospital. As I am sure all of you know how hard it is to sleep when something horrible is happening. I got no sleep.


My nephew woke up at 6am (which is only an hour earlier than I normally get up with the twinks) but it seemed REALLY early...and I still hadn't heard from my sister. We got up and I truly believe small children might not understand what is going on, but they get a vibe and just seem to know something isn't right. My nephew just wanted to be cuddled and my boys who are normally full of energy, were really low key too.


My brother in law called and said that the doctors were pretty sure that my sister had a utopic (sp?) pregnancy and they were just waiting for the ultasound. I felt awful for them.


About an hour later the phone rang again and this time it was GOOD news. My sister was still pregnant and the baby was healthy and fine. They figured that she had a flu of some sort and that was what was causing her cramps. THANK GOD!


I just spoke to her about an hour ago and she is feeling much better. I am exhausted. I didn't realize how stressed out I was until I knew everything was going to be okay.


On a lighter note (and completely urelated) Twink A told me today that he thinks Santa is going to die. When I asked him why, he told me because in his book (an old book from my childhood) Santa was smoking a pipe. I told him it was a bubble pipe and he wasn't smoking he was only blowing bubbles...and he bought it. I wonder how long they are going to believe everything I say as true? I hope they don't need therapy when they grow up.

1 Comments:

At November 19, 2007 at 5:27 AM , Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

What a sensitive little twink!

I'm so glad your sister and the baby are okay, but I'm sorry you had such a rough night. You're a good, strong sister.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home