Monday, November 12, 2007

Snowboarding Season is Almost Upon Us


I am very excited. It is "almost" time for Snowboarding season. I was introduced to this sport by my husband the first year we lived together. At first I HATED it. I fell on my ass about eight million times. We were on the hill for 4 hours and I only made it down the hill twice. LOL. I totally sucked.


But, it did get better. Every time I went out, I got a little bit better. Then something really interesting happened. I actually started to enjoy it. Now I LOVE it. I am not super great at it, but I can hold my own and have actually learned to do a few jumps and ride down the half pipe without killing myself.


This year we are introducing our sons to the sport. I really hope they enjoy it, because this is something we could do as a family. I wouldn't'have to find a babysitter to watch them when we go, they could just come with us. It would also mean we can go on weekend ski trips and stay at nice chalets and the kids would have something to do.


So when I hear people (like my mom) cursing the cold weather and praying that we don't get snow, I secretly wish we get a bloody blizzard and about 4 feet of the fluffy white stuff :)

2 Comments:

At November 12, 2007 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Slackermommy said...

That's awesome! I've never snowboarded because I'm a chicken. I love the snow. It's the dark, dreary days of winter that I hate.

BTW, thank you for comment and support on my latest post.

 
At November 13, 2007 at 4:56 AM , Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

How cute are you in this picture? All helmet and gear and whatnot.

I'm sure the kids will love snowboarding. I'd just like the chalet part...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home