Sunday, February 17, 2008

And the Award Goes To....


Not me! Mother of the Year will definately pass by me again this year.


Twink B was VERY grouchy all day yesterday. I chalked it up to being tired. I made him go to his room because he was being mean to his brother. I told him he had to stay in his room until he stopped yelling (he was throwing a bit of a tantrum), so until he could be quiet for five consecutive minutes he would need to stay in his room. Well, half an hour later he was still yelling "MOM I NEED YOU. MOMMY COME HERE...MOOOOOMMMMMMMM". Finally after about forty minutes of this nonsense I went back upstairs, and I admit I was a little grouchy at this point. Thinking to myself, for the love of God he is five years old, plenty old enough to just deal with his time out and move on.


Until I rounded the corner to his room. The reason he was grouchy all day wasn't because he was tired, it was because the dreaded stomach flu had hit him. The poor kid had puked on himself and the floor and that was why he was yelling for me. Not because he was not listening to me and dealing with his time out, but because he had puked all over the place. I felt like shit. Lower than shit. I felt like the parasite that lives on the shit. AWFUL.


So I cleaned him up, apologized profusely. Put him in jammies, held his little head whilst he continued to puke for another four hours and went to bed with him last night. I hope he isn't scarred by this event. I know I am.

3 Comments:

At February 18, 2008 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Beth Cotell said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! My kids are always yelling for me and not telling me what they need and I am always ignoring them.

He could have yelled that he need you because he was sick and then I am sure you would have been there in a flash!

I hope your son feels better today!

 
At February 20, 2008 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

Oh so sorry about your kid. But don't feel bad I think every mom has done something like that. Just a couple weeks ago my kid was being a complete cling and crying all the time. I just thought she was going through a thing, but found out that she had an ear infection. I felt really bad about it afterwards.

 
At February 29, 2008 at 7:14 AM , Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Ok. If he had yelled "MOOOM! I'm puking!" you wouldn't have ignored him, right? This can be a great way to teach him about crying wolf, too much.

But I'm sure you felt awful, anyway...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home