Saturday, February 9, 2008

Do You Ever Feel...


Do you ever feel like you are not the age you are. I am thirty, soon to be turning thirty one. I still feel like a teenager most of the time. I often look at my kids and think to myself, "Holy crap, someone up there is trusting me to raise two little people! What the heck!".


Time seems to have flown by since my early twenties. I heard about a friend (college roommate) of mine who got married recently and I must admit my nose was a little out of joint because I wasn't invited. THen my husband asked me when the last time I saw him or spoke to him was....it was a little over seven years ago. I guess I know now why I wasn't invited.


I remember when I was a kid and thirty seemed so old, now that I am thirty I still feel in my heart like a kid. Does anyone else feel like that, or am I just some crazy thirty year old woman holding onto her youth?

4 Comments:

At February 10, 2008 at 5:59 AM , Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

Koll, if you asked me my mental age, I'd tell you I'm 17. Honestly, I don't feel 31, either!

Assertagirl

 
At February 10, 2008 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Beth Cotell said...

I am 38 and I still think I'm in my early 20's. Not sure why that is but I guess that's what keeps us from getting depressed about the wrinkles and all other other fun things that come with aging...at least we don't feel old!

 
At February 11, 2008 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

YES YES! I mean...Im 24 which isn't old, but still I feel like I just bairly graduated high school, but it has been 7 years! And my husband and I will look down at our daughter and just realized that wow...we have a kid! WE! US! We are parents!

 
At February 11, 2008 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

Oh boy do I ever feel like that! I'm 38 and I feel like I'm in my early 20s.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home