Monday, January 28, 2008

Missing Post...


My last post seems to have gone missing. Somewhere in cyberspace. Floating out there with some of my lost emails and other people's lost info. Weird.
To the left is a pic of my two little devils...errr...I mean angels.:)


The post was supposed to read "I AM A MEAN MEAN MOMMY!" and I felt like one yesterday. Believe me.


Why do you ask? I believed my children were old enough to clean their rooms by themselves. I directed them what to do and after a mere 5 hours of nagging, bribing, crabbing and finally
"being a mean mean mommy" the room was clean. It was exhausting, not in a good way, like when you have a really good excercise session and you are tired but think, gee I had a great workout. This was exhausting where it was only three in the afternoon and I wanted to go to bed and not get up until this morning.


I have decided 5 years old is so far the most challenging age. There was the terrible twos, the trying threes, the foul fours and I have decided that this is the fucking fives (I apologize for the bad language, but sometimes it is very liberating.) The boys are really good most of the time. They are well behaved and other people think they are the most polite little guys they have ever met...but about once a month (coincidentally it seems to coincide with my PMS) they turn into little terrors. THey gang up on me, they wear me down, they make me want to take up drinking.


Thank goodness, today is better. My little angels are back. Today I am not the "mean mean mom" of yesterday, but the "bestest mom in the world"...okay maybe because I let them have chocolate chip muffins for breakfast, but I will take it LOL.


2 Comments:

At January 28, 2008 at 5:04 PM , Blogger BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

They are so cute!

I agree with you on five as a difficult age. I am smack dab in the middle of it! For us it seems that real school has brought some new drama and insecurities. Girls are so moody.

Fucking fives...HA! I love it.

I am drinking some white wine right now, by the way. ;)

 
At January 29, 2008 at 6:45 AM , Blogger Beth Cotell said...

Your boys are adorable.

I am experiencing some "fun" with my 5 year old as well. Six will have to be super. Right?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home